Highlights of the Summer 2011 Issue:
- Administrator Patricia Thickstun gives an update on changes occurring in the Medical Division.
- New Editor Donna Furlani explains the MD’s goal of moving Caduceus to an electronic format.
- Yuliya Baldwin shares terminology and insights into how medical dramas, such as House, can benefit interpreters and translators.
- Laura Espondaburu reviews the literature on communication techniques practiced by doctors when delivering bad news to see what interpreters might learn from these techniques.
- Ann Wiles discusses the French acronym TVC in her first edition of “Ann’s Acronyms…and other French-English medical conundrums”.
View/download Part 1 and Part 2 of the Summer 2011 issue.