Highlights of the Summer 2009 Issue:
- 2009 Mid-Year Conference Program
- Genetics Part II
- Genetics and Breast Cancer
- Bits and Pieces
- Evolution – Hiccups and Choking
- Targeted Therapy
- Book Review
- Swine Flu
- 2009 MD Survvey Results
- Medical Resources Online
- HIV/AIDS Acronyms
- Nominations Form for Division Officer
View/download the Summer 2009 issue.
Highlights of the Spring 2009 Issue:
- Genetics Part I – a general basic introduction to the field of Human Genetics, early evolutionary thinking, the discovery of DNA and a closer look at the field
- The Glossarium is dedicated to Genetics terminology and information sources
- Surgical Perspectives – Robotic Surgery
- Hematology series – Monoclonal antibodies – the Basics
- Bits – Pieces – Facts – Figures – a little bit of everything. Headaches. Pulses. Look-alike words. Look up the excellent Brain Tutorial mentioned.
- Bone geography – a bit of relaxing word finding
- Pitfalls and Caveats – Remembering Darwin on his 200th anniversary and 150 years after his Origin of the Species
- Interpreters at Work – keeping professional boundaries in a very challenging situation.
View/download the Spring 2009 issue.
Highlights of the Fall 2008-Winter 2009 Issue:
- The Practice of Medicine – How many varieties of medical practices are there?
- Breast Cancer – Part II – Staging System, Use of Chemotherapy, Detection and Screening
- Pitfalls and Caveats – Emerging terminology
- Glossarium – Look-alike medical words and illustrations
- All About Medical Boards – From Medical School to Practicing Specialist
- Bits and Pieces – A little bit about everything – from Alzheimer’s to golden standard to dietary fiber and more
- Interpreters at Work – The patient speaks better English than the Interpreter
- Mental Status Glossary – German – English – Spanish
View/download the Fall 2008-Winter 2009 issue.