Highlights for the Spring-Summer 2010 Issue:
- Patricia Thickstun shares her perspective and strategy as the new Medical Division Administrator. Also included is Patricia’s interview with two translators who answered the call for volunteers to provide linguistic assistance for the 2010 Haiti earthquake response. In addition, Patricia highlights erectile dysfunction diagnosis methods as well as current and experimental treatments.
- Suzanne Couture, the new Assistant Administrator and Interim Editor, provides an overview of the MD meeting held during the ATA 50th Annual Conference in New York City, as well as the results of the online poll administered through the listserv in February.
- Carmen Cross brings the topic of Bipolar Disease to our attention and Maria Rosdolsky explores the back translation of medical documents with English-German examples.
- Jill Heske, a new contributor, invites us to contribute to WordVillage, an online glossary that she created, which currently offers Spanish-English glossaries of commercial, legal, medical and technology terms.
- Monica Guelman and Steven Becerra continue their series on medical interpreting, focusing on the issue of untrained interpreters and translators in the medical field.
View/download the Spring-Summer 2010 issue.